Problem with increasing loot on my private dayz server

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Hello.

Im new to Nitrado and i hosted a Dayz server for the PS4. I know you can change loot like making loot 50 x more but with more weapons, clothes and food... I have had servers before h not for Dayz its been for other game so i know bout the .xml files and so on.

I bought this server 2 days ago with a plan to just have some fun with some friends and strangers from around the world.

I've watched several videos on youtube and gathered all diffrent information from discord and reddit and so on. I seriously go crazy when i see peole doing this and i followed all steps but its not working.||

I have also tried to reinstall the server several times, i removed all loot and just added 2 types of assault rifles with a few hundred but the loot did not change. Ive also tried to find finished/modded .xml files they all work but not the "types.xml" wont load the loot, i've looked into the types.xml also its changed and all but its not loading into the game. :D

I have watched the most of "Scalespeeder Gaming" videos on Youtube.

Please help me i have spent 2 days trying to solve it any answers would be appreaciated.:thumbup:

• the loot changes after you delete in your storage_1 folder all the types files also the backups then the server will set the loot new

You need Help with your Dayz Server or want to play on our server discord.gg/4DnVDfY

• mpmissions > dayzOffline.chernarusplus > storage_1

its just dayzOffline.chernarusplus if you use this mission

You need Help with your Dayz Server or want to play on our server discord.gg/4DnVDfY

aight but somehow sometimes when i re install the server or when i delete all files then install it again i spawn back at same location with same loot like if the information is stored and i cant get rid of it...

update

been trying now for almost 24 hours :D still not working.. very dissapointed. I mean on the youtube videos they tell you to increase the value of total in-game then add it in your server files and start it back up. I have to re install the server and most of the times it dosent work i spawn at same place and still the vanilla loot. It seems like it do not let me change the loot

here is an example that i have in my types.xml, and still these wont load.

<type name="AK101">

<nominal>640</nominal>

<lifetime>1800</lifetime>

<restock>0</restock>

<min>600</min>

<quantmin>-1</quantmin>

<quantmax>-1</quantmax>

<cost>100</cost>

<flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>

<category name="weapons" />

<usage name="Military"/>

<usage name="Police"/>

<usage name="Hunting"/>

<usage name="Town"/>

<usage name="Village"/>

<usage name="Medic"/>

<usage name="Industrial"/>

<usage name="Office"/>

<usage name="School"/>

<value name="Tier1"/>

<value name="Tier2"/>

<value name="Tier3"/>

<value name="Tier4"/>

Ive tried removing the "Tier" also adding and removing in the "usage" making it less and more.

• You have boosted the values by an incredible too big of an amount. 640 are you kidding? And you have disabled the flags, meaning in theory you want 600-640 AK101's to be picked up around the map? If you remove a 0, the server will probably still be overloaded and it wont work. Try setting it to 6, there you go way better, seeing you have flags disabled there should always be 6 AK101's around the map. After all, DayZ isnt a shooting game first and foremost, there are countless other games that gives you a smoother, better experience in that aspect. Honestly i would say youre playing the wrong game, have u tried Battlefield 4?