Hi Galactic Survivalists!
Welcome to version 1.3 EXPERIMENTAL!
The year 2020 is slowly coming to its end - but Empyrion Galactic Survival is not! With the upcoming v1.3 we are adding a bunch of bug fixes, but also several new features and more content.
One of the main features is the new decals system. The decals feature will allow you to bring custom pictures into the game and add it to structures spawned in the playfields.
As a second addition, you can now create custom NPC factions and add them to galactic territories, playfields and POI as you like! We are also adding new POIs and new variants of NPCs and Creatures for you to equip your POI structures with.
Last, but not least, you can test four new main story missions which continue the chapter 1-6 story arc!
Please have a close look at the changelog below. More info about certain topics, explanations and a chance to give your feedback on them can be found stickied in the EXP feedback forum: https://empyriononline.com/forums/experimental-features-discussion.35/
As always please note
Report bugs and issues right over here: https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.34/
Fixed bugs for the Experimental branch can be found here: https://empyriononline.com/forums/tracking-filed.91/
Fixed Experimental version bugs can be found there: https://empyriononline.com/forums/fixed.90/
For discussing the new and updated features, please head over to the Experimental Feedback forum: https://empyriononline.com/forums/experimental-features-discussion.35/
Have fun exploring the v1.3 Experimental!
Empyrion Dev Team
UPDATE: v1.3 (Build 3180)
- Updated to Unity 2020.1
- First draft of player skills allowing to change item properties (for now only Damage, more properties will come soon):
- For now this is only usable with the Dialogue system. There you set up skills with e.g. Player.Skills['yourSkill'] = 1.5.
- That skill (yourSkill = 1.5) can then be used in the ItemsConfig.ecf to modify the 4 properties you see below (Damage, BulletSpread, etc. If you think other values make sense too, please let us know. BlocksConfig.ecf comes next to change RangeLY for WarpDrive etc.).
- For example with a Pistol: Mod.Damage: "Damage + Player.Skills['yourSkill'] * 2"
- That way, properties are different handled per player - depending if the player skilled it or not.
- Modded item properties via player skills: added BulletSpread, ReloadDelay, Recoil
- BlocksConfig: added MarketPrice property
- Added console command 'itemmods' to show the active modifications of the held item of the local player.
- First draft of simple decal system for POI Blueprints (static Blueprints) (WIP!)
- Added console cmd 'decals' that will reload the decals in the current BP. Added 'decals clip' that will paste an example for decals to the clipboard.
- First draft of a simple client upload system for files. Will be first used for decals, can be used for other modding files later, too.
- Client upload system: files are now sent only in 1MB chunks.
- Faction.ecf: added new config file to allow defining your own factions in there
- Factions.ecf: added 'Description' for NPC factions to display on the faction windows NPC tab.
- Faction window: Localizing now all faction names on the reputation page
- Factions.ecf: added hardcoded factions, please only change the color and maybe the Abbrev.
- Factions.ecf: added OmitMapLegend to not show this faction in the map legend info
- Factions.ecf: renamed "FriendlyToAllPlayers" to "Friendly". Added "Unfriendly". Added "HideAbbrev" to hide the faction abbreviation at certain locations in the game.
- Added/updated docu to Factions.ecf
NPC Faction updates
- Added: VOID faction (static hostile; Antagonist to TESCH)
- Added Abyssal to planetary playfields (Alien,Ocean,Temp,Tempswamp,ForestMoon)
- Changed: Set planetary POI groups to appropriate Zirax house faction
- Changed: Added RP-dynamic Colonists NPC faction to fill in "out of npc faction territory" POIs
- Added TESCH Territory, OPVs and BAOs.
- Added Zirax Empire houses as Reputation-dynamic subfactions: Xenu, Rados, Epsilon, Ghyst, Serdu (dynamic standing in one subfaction will influence your standing towards the 'Zirax Empire'; Faction matrix not yet final!)
- Reputation bars in faction window: small improvements on bars and colors
- Updated GalaxyConfig.ecf with TheLegacy faction
- Updated playfields to use TheLegacy faction
- Change: The Legacy faction ist now a custom faction in the Factions.ecf
- Change: Alien faction abbrev reverted to ALN
- Increased probability of CIVILIAN faction in non-territory and territory spaces
- DialogueSystem: added function "string Loc(string key)" to localize dynamic text
- DialogueSystem: added "Execute" property without any size restriction to allow multi line text (can separate lines with \n), added "LocalStructure" to allow accessing the ModAPI better f.e. accessing devices like LCDs etc
- DialogueSystem: renamed barking state from "BarkState" to "BarkingState" in Dialogues.ecf, barking supports now NPC dialogue blocks, buffering dialogue write variables now (perf. opt.)
- DialogueSystem: added possibility to use "sub routine jumps"
- DialogueSystem: now using "" instead of "\n" to separate newlines in Execute code parts
- DialogueSystem: added dbglobal_string, added dbplayer_string
- DialogueSystem: added 'Functions' to allow to define your own functions, added GetItems() to return all items of the local player
- DialogueSystem: added dbstate_string, added Player.Name Player.Id Player.EntityId
- DialogueSystem: Player.Skills['name'] = 1.23 possibility. Later we will enhance that to allowing to modify certain ingame properties with that.
- Updated Loca for PDA, Tutorial and Dialogues (incremental update; various languages)
- Added: Story Part II Interlude and Chapter 7
- Added: Story Chapter 8
- Added: Story Chapter 9
- Updated Story Playfields and POI (Ghyst Prison, Sigma Fulcrum, GLaD Hideout,..)
- Updated PDA mission 'Ancient Revelations' > using new Ilmarinen version (thx to Vermillion)
- Added: Spider01Small, Spider01Baby for better use with use inside POIs (lowered HP & DMG compared to Spider01 accordingly)
- Added: Spider01,02,03 and AlienBug02 Small and Baby variant for better use with inside-POI spawns
- Added: Additional info about BARKING dialogue state do Dialogues-config-and-examples.txt
- Added: New TraderCyborg model
- Added: new Zirax Civilians and The Legacy Infected to NPC spawners
- Added: Damaged Assault Cyborg ( armed cyborg for use with f.ex. Pirates faction )
- Added: Themed Cyborg models (available as Civilian and Trader models): Damaged, Medic, Servant, Engineer
- Added: Static variants of civilian NPCs and Cyborgs (spawn via spawnpad > they will stand still, but run away when shot at. To be used for quests, dialogues and other purposes)
- Added: Talon Advanced (warrior and civilian)
- New group behavior for bug 02 and 03, added bombardment and bug03 can spawn bug02
- NPC marked as OLD or TEST or only relevant for Base AttackS and else have been removed from all POI NPC Spawner block dropdowns (set AllowInSpawners: false in EClassConfig.ecf)
- Added new barking-lines to NPC Dialogues
- Strategic AI uses AttackDefenseValues system
- Added: Tesch Node defense stations T1-3 (by Escarli)
- Added: Abyssal (Faction) structures. (by Fractalite)
- Added: Several new and updated POI for Colonists, Zirax, Progenitor etc pp (thx to all builders!)
- Added: TESCH Soul Anchor (Lava, LavaNascent)
- Added: TESCH Array BAO (thx to Escarli)
- Updated: Sigma Fulcrum (Kaeser)
- Updated: Talon Monument (Spawns, Loot)
- Updated: POIs: SigmaFulcrum (Kaeser) and AbandonedAssemblyYard (Fractalite)
- Updated: Polaris Asset Protection (thx to Fractalite)
- Updated: Legacy Corruptor now has NPC AdminCore
- DB: added a warning message if a query was executed more than 1s after it got scheduled
- DB: all write queries now get buffered, this should result in better performance for DB accesses. Improved DB debug write performance of log.
- DB: Fixed dockedto column in Entities DB
- DB: Added console command 'database' to allow dump all DB queries into text file
- DB: added more indexes for optimizing DB queries (registry overview, get next medic station)
- DB: added index for long lasting query to get all teleporters in games with huge DBs. Also added index for querying chat messages.
- DB: turned some ERR messages into WRN messages
- DB: added some more index for player ranking (more to come)
Updated Invader vs Defender scenario - Conflict of Cygnus
- Added 100 Random Stars to make Universe more interesting
- Old Systems in the Center have still the most resources
- All 100 Random Stars are PvE
- All 100 Random Stars have neither Zascosium nor Erestrum nor Gold Resources. (except some tiny stones on planets). The PvP System (Cygnus) in the Center has all 3 in big quantity.
- Fixed Taldor Sector Map icon
- Fixed PDA Preamble not visible in MP on first join
- space_dynamic.yaml: added Pos/Rot to ResourcesDesc. if Pos/Rot are present, fixed positioning is used.
- space_dynamic.yaml: added RadialInfo to PositionDesc to allow placing Resources/POIs in a radial way and also attach it to a planet (considering its radius). See docs/website for detailed information.
- space_dynamic.yaml: adjusted RadialInfo to support a yOffset. content of float array is now: centerX,Y,Z, Yoffset, radiusMin,Max, angleStart,Increase, rotationX,Y,Z (only center X,Y,Z is mandatory)
- Added IsKeepContainers: true for CoreNPC and CoreNPCcpu (Attention: pre-placed items will now be saved and spawned with the blueprint!)
- All config files (*.ecf) now get loaded as UTF8. If you want to add special chars into them, save them as UTF8
- GrassV2: better check for abrupt steep slopes (will still improve that)
- GrassV2: better align to slopes
- GrassV2: mapped GrassLowGreen01 to Flower04 as it the occurance number was limited and the GrassLowGreen01 was of poor quality
- Added Swamp planet preview pic to Dedi Server for starter planet
- Renamed the new asteroid rings around planets from AsteroidFieldRing to AsteroidRingPlanet, keeping the old AsteroidFieldRing instance
- Downgrade/Upgrade tool: added max block count check to avoid exploits
- Updated asteroid ring of Temperate Creative planet
- System map info panel: showing origin name from "Restrict To Origin" instead of "Starter Origin"
- Decreased range of light in damaged escape pod from 10 meters to 3 meters and removed shadows to reduce triangle count
- structure attack value now uses average value of fixed weapon groups
- added infantry A/D values to Blueprint Library window and prefabinfo console cmd
- Slightly increased probability/count of space stations in default orbits
- Added TSO_Variant8 and Polaris Supply Station to orbits
- Updated Starter Planets: swapped AbandonedPOI group with specifically made AbandonedStarter group blueprints
- Added / updated head area docu in GalaxyConfig.ecf
- Refactored BlueprintHeader class to be able to provide this to modders or anybody who wants to load a BP header
- Enabled proximity window for playfields and solar systems when clicking in registry on a playfield and on Proximity button
- Added local damage applied to a structure to the HUD if 'di' is enabled
- Using filtering ScrollablePopupList for trader type, sorting content for it and for NPC Spawner entities
- Enhanced ScrollablePopupList to be used with an InputField for filtering content
- Top right game message popup and its content is now centered
- Creative Scenario: major update (incl. panel and staring gear update), updating orbits to new galaxy visuals, adding new 'White Canvas' playfield and two testing playfields with higher gravity
- Changed: Starter planets now have more appropriate Abandoned POIs (AbandonedStarter group)
- Changed: Deactivated SpaceBaseDefense (SBD) and OPV vessels in Starter Orbit
- Set back old update frequency of 1 minutes for performance data and player position logging (instead of 3 minutes)
- Cannot activate shield while warping active
- Added fail safe code to allow empty Value tags in Properties in playfield yamls without CoQ
- Added Commodity Trader to planetary and orbital Trading station in Starter System
- Teleporters: With godmode you can override the blocking message "You cannot use teleporters with a fixed target in player created structures"
- Increased stacksize for Fuel, Pentaxid and O2 in Creative scenario
- Updated galaxy nebula colors
- Updated TemperateSwamp and Alien fog position
- Added commodity trader for Communication/Surveillance stations
- Added default commodity traders
- Updated TraderNPCConfig.ecf: updated Commodity traders and company traders with updated pricing and price-calc mode
- Added: Default-Marketprices for relevant blocks and items
- Saving game: the important file "game.dat" is now backed up on every save to avoid corrupted savegames. Also it is flushed to disc on every save now.
- Freedom mode now doesn't consume stamina and also does not consume food when running
- Do not allow to open ControlPanel while warping
- Fixed: Turrets firing at players through terrain deco
- Fixed: Some AI patrols vessels can continue to rotate & turn at the location they were stopped
- Fixed: Vessels immediately stop after power off
- Fixed: AI patrols vessels can continue to rotate & turn at the location they were stopped
- Fixed: Set Home / Respawn at own structures does not work
- Fixed: "Show Airtight Blocks" visualisation is not working for the "floor" of a structure
- Fixed: Oxygen doesn't fill the back side of force field
- Fixed: Center of Mass shifted
- Fixed: When a HV enters a gravity gen field it can be launched up away from the structure
- Fixed: O2 tanks missed texture after SI collapse
- Fixed: Multiple same-faction territories break POI spawn rules and attribute the wrong faction to POIs
- Fixed: Increase NPC render range & add max NPC ranged weapon limit. Added check and error message (Max NPC render range & max NPC weapon range are both now 120m)
- Fixed: error message when changing worlds: "Net: chunk already loaded..."
- Fixed: sun flares not showing up on planet playfields (set directional flag)
- Fixed: freshly saved Blueprint spawn exception
- Fixed: flares in structures not showing up
- Fixed: "Spawn at Home base" not working in MP if player died in a different playfield
- Fixed: bright spot on a planet happening during night sometimes. Fixed distant planets having wrong light color sporadically.
- Fixed: regression that sun flare did not have the color of the sun. Fixed that the sun flare was shown after sun down for some time.
- Fixed: CoQ if a playfield.yaml only had one parameter for PlayfieldLevelOverride
- Fixed: regression that sometimes not all chunks of a structure did load when connecting to a server
- Fixed: Adjusted camera height of MSCockpit02 to avoid head clipping into ceiling blocks
- Fixed: Corrected wrong comments in blocksconfig.ecf about count of container extensions for max capacity
- Fixed: problem with faction parsing (regression from Factions.ecf).
- Fixed: AI Planet Vessel : AIPV’s don't move when the player is out of render range of them on a planet (around 3+ km away)
- Fixed: Faction.ecf: Fixed regression that factions defined in the new config file didn't get parsed correctly
- Fixed: Potential fix for dialogue variables getting reset to 0: set wait timeout for DB variables from 10s to 30s. Less DB traffic by writing player log data less often (every 3min instead of every 1min)
- Fixed: problem that rockets did not hit a moving ship reliable
- Fixed: problem in proximity log that sometimes column did not get truncated correctly
- Fixed: problem that nearby black hole model was disappearing in some camera angles when being on a planet
- Fixed: Placeable devices do not take any damage in PvP areas
- Fixed: 07601 Locked Doors can be closed by the player
- Fixed: 06242 Broken deco – 'Bamboo' vanishes close to the player
- Fixed: 07639 Thruster boost exploit
- Fixed: 07608 MT Downgrade glitch with Public POIs
- Fixed: 07625 SV blocks preview have wrong textures
- Fixed: 07039 Lava playfield ore deposits have incorrect textures
- Fixed: CV & docked vessel repostioned when R2T starts
- Fixed: [MP] Delay with shield info on the HUD
- Fixed: Exit-throwback when exiting Nibiru (Hovercraft Prefab)
- Fixed: Possible fix for AI getting stuck in elevators
- Fixed: regression that the distant object light was also lighting the 3d map resulting in wrong sun light there
- Fixed: Invisble Blocks
- Fixed: Flight control issue on big ship while turning
- Updated EAH, patch notes: