Automatic Server Restarts With Ingame Countdown Notification

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I wonder if someone could please help or advise

Apologises if this might have already been asked before!

I'm trying to setup the server to countdown to a server reboot every 5 hours and tried using the ingame messaging command:

<message>

<deadline>150</deadline>

<shutdown>1</shutdown>

<text>Server will restart in #tmin minutes.</text>

</message>

I assume it works as 150minutes to deadline reboot then 90 minute countdown making 4 hours in total?

So I tested it and it counted down, kicked me off server saying it shutdown but the actual server didn't restart? I have also got automated reboots setup but when I do that there are no warnings or noficiations, server just reboots and I don't know how to get the best of both worlds where players are informed, count down notifications are sent and the actual server restart after countdown?

Any help would be appreciated.

• My Xbox config, hope it helps.

-----------

<message>

<delay>45</delay> <!--Time the server reboot msg starts to appear-->

<repeat>0</repeat>

<onconnect>0</onconnect>

<deadline>90</deadline><!--Server will reboot in 90mins-->

<shutdown>1</shutdown>

<text>THIS SERVER WILL REBOOT in #tmin minutes for a memory refresh. </text>

</message>

• Thank you for providing me this, I will give it a go but it seems the issue I have is when it gets to shut down I get kicked off server but server does not reboot?

• You're probably aware you need to ensure the automated tasks are not set for the reboot from msg.xml to work, I'd check to see if you have automated task reboots set, if so turn them off.. The command in the script file handles it..

• Thank you for providing me this, I will give it a go but it seems the issue I have is when it gets to shut down I get kicked off server but server does not reboot?

You're probably aware you need to ensure the automated tasks are not set for the reboot from msg.xml to work, I'd check to see if you have automated task reboots set, if so turn them off.. The command in the script file handles it..

OK thank you for confirming- I will give this a go. I left the automated reboots in as I wanted to test the message command on a short timer but server did not reboot. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

I assume when the command executes the who server visably restarts but not an ingame refresh that takes seconds as last time, in the server admin protal the server did nothing?

• OK I can confirm that this worked for me although when the countdown gets to 1min it kicks you off server and 1 minute later the server will reboot. This is my settings:

• So its not work, the Message System only shutdown the server, there is no restart. Nitrado told me you need to synch the nitrado automatic task and the message system for that. So i think it is not worth all the work.

• So its not work, the Message System only shutdown the server, there is no restart. Nitrado told me you need to synch the nitrado automatic task and the message system for that. So i think it is not worth all the work.

Its working fine for me - I have removed the automated tasks and left the messaging command to do the restart, server counts down to about a minute and kicks you off, then it takes another 1 minute for the server to start the reboot sequence and I can reconnect.

• DOAGEN

Closed the thread.