Recently swapped from Vanilla to Tekkit Minecraft server, but now cannot connect.

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hello,

I recently changed my Vanilla minecraft server over to the tekkit version of minecraft so that I can add the pixelmon generations mod and play that with my friends, but as of right now since I changed it, the server has refused to allow me or anyone else to connect to it.

I am assuming that I can connect to the server through the regular minecraft launcher as long as I connect via the correct server IP, and not have to connect through pixelmon tekkit launcher (as I have tried and as far as I can see, there is no option to manually input my server IP, and is only limited to premade online public servers to connect to).

Just looking for clarification that I can connect to the server via the normal launcher, and if that is the case then I can pursue this connectivity issue further with support.

Thanks!

• HI

--I don't understand it exactly but hope it helps--

since I changed it, the server has refused to allow me or anyone else to connect to it

Error code?

incompatible forge server ?

missing mods?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, you mean: pixelmon generations ?

you can't connet to the modserver with vanilla!

but.... yes you can use the vanilla launcher !

install the same forgeversion from the server on your client

then copy pixelmon in your mod folder

example:

Server have

Forge 1.12.2 - 14.23.5.2768

Mods:

PixelmonGenerations-1.12.2-2.6.2-universal.jar

your client must have

Forge 1.12.2 - 14.23.5.2768

in mods folder:

PixelmonGenerations-1.12.2-2.6.2-universal.jar

server and client is the same: you can connect

If you need further help, write

MfG Conan ;)

Nitrado: Conan

Minecraft: Conan

Discord: Conan#3864

Fragen u. Antworten rund um Minecraftserver (Vanilla/Forge-Modpack/Bukkit-Spigot-Paper)

Nicht alles aber vieles! Bisher wurde noch sogut wie jeder Server zum starten gebracht!

Wollte nur mal sagen:

"Ihr könnt mich gern in Discord hinzufügen, aber Antworten gibts erst abends (am WE auch mal ehr ^^) weil ich auch Arbeiten muss!"

Daher bleibt mir für`s Forum nur noch wenig Zeit!

-- Minecraft only --