Cross play server, looking to cluster require straight answers

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • We play on a cross-play enabled Nitrado server. We have both PC and Xbox users.

We are looking to add a cluster for Scorched, but we have some concerns about not being able to use a password.

as an alternative:

1: Can we upload ourselves, select a new map, and play there, and then later on upload back to our original Island map with our save game intact (ie: Dino's &structures preserved)? One map at a time, not contemporaneous. we understand we would need a cluster for that.

2: Is there any way to set up a cluster that doesn't fundamentally compromise our privacy, and put our legally purchased product in jeopardy!?

3: On your forum I've read a response that stated: The one way to preserve the save state of the island was to upload dino's you want to transfer to the Obelisk, but do not upload yourself. Simply close down the map, and select the new map you want to play on, and then load back in with your existing character, and then rinse and repeat when you want to return. Is this true, and does it preserve your save game?

We need clarification, as there is a lot of conflicting information on both, your forums, and on WC's forums. None of which is explicitly clear for WIN10 and Xbox cross play.

Kind regards,

Grumpy old man

• as long as your servers are linked with a cluster ID you can move between all maps you have on your cluster either with a password or no password
    I have 9 servers on Nitrado and our players can move freely between all the maps including the Password Event server

as long as your cluster ids match on both servers shouldn't cause issues and both are cross play enabled

• as long as your servers are linked with a cluster ID you can move between all maps you have on your cluster either with a password or no password
    I have 9 servers on Nitrado and our players can move freely between all the maps including the Password Event server

as long as your cluster ids match on both servers shouldn't cause issues and both are cross play enabled

Hey there,

I just wanted to be 100% sure I've understood what you're saying, I've never set a cluster up before.
    We have a group of players who access our existing password protected server via Xbox and/or PC. We want to set up a cluster for those same players, but keep it private with a password. The info that Nitrado give about setting up a cluster says

"For Cross ARK you will need a Nitrado server for each map you want to use. This means: if you want to use two maps you will need to have two servers.

Note:You cannot use a password with a clustered server (this will cause errors)"

Your post seems to say that the password isn't causing any issues for you on a cluster. Have I understood correctly? I'm not missing something obvious to someone more experienced?

Appreciate any insight.