Ark server doesn't want to start

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I'm not sure what's going on with my server, but its aggravating. It's stuck saying "Restarting server".

I've was given the command to "Force stop" and "Force Start" but either way I go nothing happens other than it saying "The server will now restart...". I have reset my server and force start. but nothing seems to work. I submitted a ticket but how long do I have to wait for a response? I'm not trying to waste my little bit of time before work waiting. I don't wanna come off as a ignorant fool, but at the same time I payed for this server. And there is nothing regarding the issue aside from mods and stuff saying "Submit a ticket" or other people facing the same issue. What is this? What is going on?

• Nice... so this is a thing then. I got notice from one of my players that they got a notification that the server needs a mod update. Logged in after work and when through the normal update process. Stopped server clicked update and sat there for almost an hour and a half. Contacted support and they asked me a few questions... basically remove and readd the mod... However, after removing the mod the server still wouldn't come back online. May try a game reinstall if I go any longer - most of my players play opposite shift of me so it being down whle I'm a work is a no go for me.

Will update this post with what I end up doing... Wish ya both the best!

• Hello,

Sorry that you are having issues.

Force stop/restart issue: If it failed to work, please submit a ticket and you have. Thank you. Tickets are worked in the order in which they are received. Typically tickets take up to 24hrs for a response. In many cases much faster.

For the next person, sounds like you had done the same. Same thing, please submit a ticket.

And for the mod issue. Mods are always an issue. Not really any way around that other than dont use them. But we all know we all love them. If the server says a mod needs to be updated, its up to the server admin to update. If you have the server set with a task to reboot, the mod will also update then. If you removed the mod and still the server is stuck, it depends on the mod. Some of the larger ones for whatever reason can take a very long time to restart. You can also check your server log. If you have a crashstack error around the same timeframe you probably have a corrupted gamefile. Another reason the server may not restart. Typically if I have a mod to update and it hangs, I go visit the mod workshop being they are the ones that support the mod they create. See if any posts exist or whatnot. If it appears the mod should be ok, yes remove it and if the server hangs then the next step after mod is removed is to do a backup recovery. A reinstall is the VERY last thing I would even attempt.

Those that are having server hardware issues, if you havent contact Nitrado Support to further investigate.

Link: Support | nitrado.net

thank you.

• DOAGEN - Thanks my dude. appreciate the response. I couldn't get the server to complete a cycle even with using a backup from 12 hrs prior. So I sadly just reinstalled. The server came back up and I'm adding mods very slowly making sure the server comes up each time. Sucks, but like you said... we love our mods =P

• When reloading the mods, I normally load 2-3 at a time, then restart the server. That way you can also isolate what mod causing issues. If it were me even after you do the reinstall and loads mods, when done I would still try the latest recovery file. and NO not the one in the webUI. Those are far apart. Use FTP and you can restore a much earlier file. Oops, you did the reinstall already. That would have removed the existing files. Take note in the future for yourself- if you ever go that far to reinstall copy ALL files form FTP to your PC. That way you have more current backups.