Howdy from a noob server admin!
Found my server wiped today, after the update. I know I can restore a back up. However, I have a few questions...
- Is restoring a back up my only solution or would restarting a few times work (I only ask because I saw in a different thread that it worked for one person, even tough they ran into other issues soon after)
- If I restore a back up... what happens with the update? Does it have to be reinstalled or it is now 'already there'?
- I play via PC/Windows and my family joins via Xbox. So, which back up should I use map, server, database, or a combo?
- Most importantly: What is the best way to avoid this in the future?
- And.... If the only safety net is a manual back up prior to updates, how can I know when the update is coming? (I would want to do my back up at the last possible moment! Because a backup going back even one day can result in hours of lost work it would be nice to narrow it down to as few hours).
Thanks in advance