Couple Questions about PS4 server adjustments.

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hi all!

Straight to Q:
    1. Can we spawn admin-players in a specific location? using UID/ ID or other.
    2. Where should we correctly set lifetime of vehicle / item / static? and what is the maximum time ?
    3. If we are making event (for example):

<event name="ItemLootDrop">
    <nominal>9</nominal> - we should set summary number from <children> -> <child> max=1+3+3+2 , is that correct?
    <min>9</min>
    <max>9</max>
    <lifetime>3600</lifetime>
    <restock>60</restock>
    <saferadius>1</saferadius>
    <distanceradius>1</distanceradius>
    <cleanupradius>100</cleanupradius>
    <flags deletable="1" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1"/>
    <position>fixed</position>
    <limit>mixed</limit> - we have different types : <child / mixed / custom> ? What different between this types?
    <active>1</active>
    <children>
    <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="1" type="Balaclava3Holes_Black"/>
    <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="3" min="3" type="GorkaEJacket_Summer"/>
    <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="3" min="3" type="GorkaPants_Summer"/>
    <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="2" type="JungleBoots_Green"/>
    </children>
    </event>

But after adding changes and server reboot we can have absolutely different loot like - 5 balaclava, 1 jacket, 3 boots. Where is my mistake?
    How to make this drop directly what i need, and how to stop spawning it continuously?
    In ideal-server we should have a point on a map with 9 items, when somebody take balaclava - server spawns 1 balaclava, etc.

Maybe if it possible server could wipe all this loot for a time and spawn it again after a few minutes/hours (as is thought <lifeteme> and <restock> should help me with this.) please correct me if i wrong.

4. We have lootmax="0" lootmin="0" - this types shows us how many loot can be spawned around the object? Am i correct?

5. Could we use something like DayZ-Tools ? To "build" our own places on a map? If (please-please-please) answer is "YES", tell me please - HOW.

Absolutely i forget something important . Will ask lately.

Anyway Thank you for help , good luck with your servers and if you want to play with patient aged people - welcome

to -> 18+ [Rus + Eng] RolePlay OPEN PvPvE event server - PlayStation Community we are friendly-people.

1. No, all players share the same spawn location, only once init.c is unlocked for consoles could we do that.
    2. Vehicle lifetimes are not controlled by the XML, again, an init.c thing.
    3. There are 4 modes for events, Child, Parent, Mixed & Custom:
      1. For example using your event above:
        1. Parent, at each event you would find 1x Balaclava3Holes_Black, 3x GorkaEJacket_Summer, 3x GorkaPants_Summer and 2x JungleBoots_green
        2. Child, at each event you would always find 1 random child type, ignoring child min/max values.
        3. Mixed, at each event you would find 1 random item, limited by its child's min/max values.
        4. Custom, uses external XML file like territories.xml for numbers and locations.
    4. Yes, if you adjust the lootmin/lootmax of the children in "StaticHeliCrash" it would adjust the amount of loot found around heli's, have a look in mapgrouproto.xml to see the lootmax value that can be used per object.
    5. Yes and No, for consoles we can only configure the CLE at the moment. You can however use the DayZ tools to make it easier to get positions of building/loot etc to then adjust the CLE to spawn the objects in the desired place. FYI, Its also known that items rotation sometimes varies when using the CLE to spawn items in.